Our 100+ Approved Dealers are trained and equipped to maintain your machines, so book them in for a service this Winter.
STIHL power tools are designed for easy maintenance, yet an estimated 60% of users don't bother. And that can cost money and time if your machine isn't running efficiently or worse still, lets you down!
A regular service and home maintenance regime cuts fuel consumption and emissions, extends engine life and improves performance.
Here are some simple checks to carry out at home:
- Start by cleaning your tools. STIHL has special cleaners and solvents for the purpose.
- Look for signs of wear or damage, and even inhabitants (engine compartments make nice nesting places).
- Check moving parts are secure and balanced - blades and cutting tools in particular.
- Clean spark plugs and check the gap.
- Check sharpness of blades and lubricate.
- Lubricate gear units and clean/replace air filters.
- Drain any fuel over two weeks' old. Re-fill with fresh fuel to the correct ratio.
- To change the oil, a short burst on the engine will stir up any sediment and warm oil will flow out more easily. Turn the engine off before draining into a container for proper disposal. Re-fill before use.
For more handy tips and maintenance advice visit the Product Knowledge page.
To find your nearest dealer please visit our Dealer Locator page.